best hosting companies, how to buy a web hosting, page loading times, support availability, top 10 hosting companies, web hosting, web hosting provider, web hosting reviews, web page loading, website hosting
Top 10 Things To Keep In Mind When Buying Web Hosting
Having the right web hosting is extremely important when it comes to making any website successful. The following are the top 10 factors to take into consideration when choosing which hosting company will be best for you.
- Uptime: Uptime refers to the amount of time the system is online without experiencing any downtime. While it is impossible to completely eliminate downtime, the goal is to be as close as possible. This is a very important factor because you want your website up and running and accessible to your customer as often as possible. Poor uptime can effect your customer reviews, traffic flow, and ultimately how successful your website is. The amount of uptime your website has can also effect your ranking on Google.
- Disk Space: Disk space is the amount of storage space you have for hosting your website. You want to be sure that your hosting package can accommodate the amount of space required for your site.
- Bandwidth: When talking about bandwidth, it is referring to the amount of data that can be carried from one place to another within one second. Simply put, bandwidth is your “load time” or data transfer speed. When looking at bandwidth, you must take into consideration the size of your pages and the number of visitors expected daily.
- Processing Power: Processing power can easily affect your web page loading times. This occurs when a web server is underpowered.
- Reputation/Customer Reviews: A company’s reputation can tell you a lot about what their hosting services will be like. Customer reviews are an excellent way to obtain information from peoples’ real life experiences.
- Customer Service/Tech Support: Customer service and tech support availability should play a large roll in choosing a web hosting provider. You want to make sure you have access to support 24/7 incase any issues occur at any hour of they night. Customer service is also important because you don’t want to spend the next year dealing with being put on hold for hours on end only to talk with a snotty representative.
- Money Back Guarantee: When a company offers a money back guarantee, they are letting customers know that they are confident that the services they provide will meet your needs. A company that does not have satisfied customers would not be able to offer a money back guarantee without going out of business before long. Every person has different needs and different opinions and what works for one person may not work for another. A money back guarantee allows you to try a hosting service without any risk.
- Cost: Cost is always and important factor, especially for businesses just starting out who cant afford a large expense. Be sure you are going to be able to afford your hosting service before you sign up.
- Area of Focus: Different hosting providers will offer different services that are geared more towards a specific type of customers needs. For example, a simple blog hosting service may work for a personal blogger but may not be complex enough for a large corporation’s needs. Always look at who’s needs the hosting service is targeting to avoid purchasing the wrong type of hosting service.
- Scalability: Scalability refers to the ability of a system to be able to expand and add more resources to accommodate growth. You want to be sure before signing up with a provider that they provide an accumulative server that allows for growth and added resources.